Irish Circles

Irish Circles
Last years block of the month

Sunday, July 3, 2011

July news

My road trip starts tomorrow! I think I am ready but still have a little packing to do, looking forward to catching up with all the country girls.
The quilt show was lovely so many fantastic quilts to see, so glad I didn't have to choose the winners.
I did catch up with Susan Smith so we had a good talk about summer school we have decided on the quilts we will teach , just need to get them ready!

I have been working on my Hidcote garden quilt, here is the latest block.


Leonie has decided to do her small blocks in embroidery. The thread is available from
Cottage quilt works.

Elizabeth from the Quiltsmith class had two quilts for show and tell, below "All about the brown"

Lemon and lime.

Julie has one of her basket borders complete, love the blue background.


Georgia and Julie hard at work.


As you know this semester we will be making our machine quilt, to help with fabric selection here is a sneak peek of the centre. You need twenty centimeters of 12 fabrics.


Ruth has picked these lovely fabrics for her machine quilt.


Here are the Cottage Quilt works girls Antique Applique blocks, they have worked so hard!

Wendy.

 Sue

 Helen
Terry has finished her beautiful English Autumn.


Wow what a fantastic month! perhaps the cold weather makes us want to stay home warm and sew.
I will be sure to have lots of news for you when I get back.
Take care everyone,
Karen








1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen,

    When and where will you be having your summer school? I would love to sign up, but need to do some planning from Melbourne.

    ReplyDelete