Irish Circles

Irish Circles
Last years block of the month

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Quilt show

Hi Everyone, I had so much fun at the Springwood show, thank you to everyone who said hello and wished me a happy birthday.
Apparently there was a cake for me but as it got taken to the kitchen it was chopped up and sold for morning tea, hilarious.
Here are some photo's of my view from the stage.





The lovely Isobel who demonstrated hand quilting such a wonderful lady still beautiful work at 80!

My quilts hanging behind me, Irish Circles and Miss Emma.

I thought you might like to see Elizabeth's Lucy Boston Quilt, again one of the more experienced quilters and truly inspiring to see her work.
Visiting Diana, Lucy's daughter in law in England and seeing the collection of quilts made by Lucy was one of the highlights of the tour.
I hope all the mother's had a lovely Mothers day. I went to the movies with my son who was very disappointed we couldn't see a Bonnet movie (Jane Austen movies) BUT Thor was a very good show and the servo flowers were as always beautiful.
Sorry I am a little behind with answering emails I will get to them soon, keep sending them I love to hear from you all.
Hope it does not snow too much tonight as I really don't want to get snowed in tomorrow, the girls in Wyong would be very disappointed.
Goodnight to all,
Karen

1 comment:

  1. The Springwood Show was wonderful as always. I loved seeing so much of your work, it's just beautiful. Even my partner took interest when he saw your fussy cut hexagons.

    ReplyDelete