Irish Circles

Irish Circles
Last years block of the month

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Southern Highlands.

I love teaching in the southern Highlands as It does feel a bit like being home. The temperature is cooler and  Mittagong is such a beautiful small village. I have been teaching in this area for approximately ten years so  I feel almost local. I have my favourite dress shop there Auberjean which has clothes that actually fit and look good on someone my age mix that with good old fashioned customer service and a new outfit usually comes home with me. Timeless Threads is a beautiful shop, the building is called The Boston Ivy the photo below is the back of the building, the class room is on the right.
This is Vanessa's Bumble bee and her mosaic quilt in progress.


Jacqui's Bumble bee.

Hilda has worked very hard completing The Jester quilt.
Vanessa on the left, Hilda trying to hide.

This is one of my Jester quilt blocks, I have to admit mine is not finished!

And someone who has finished the Jester Terry's beautiful quilt, all hand quilted.

I still have more from Mittagong to come and then five more class news to finish off February.
What a fantastic month it has been so much to see, so many new fabrics to buy and new quilts to start.
I also hope to have the dates for Summer School this week for those wanting to book accommodation.
Good night everyone
Karen

1 comment: