Irish Circles

Irish Circles
Last years block of the month

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Blueberries.

We had a lovely three days in Wyong, lots of homework done and chatter about our Christmas holidays.
First we have Gloria's Agnes quilt, the hexagons for this quilt are approximately 2 inches so the blocks are huge and easy to piece, you also get to use loads of fabric from your stash.
Pam had her quarter inch hexagons ready to sew on the Folk Art quilt, apparently her family are a little worried she has spent so much time on something so small, seems normal to me.
There is a five cent coin to show you the size of the finished hexagon, I love making these.
Thank you to Vicky White who made me a few quarter inch rosettes for my quilt.
Here is Lisa Egan working away on her Folk Art quilt, she makes the most beautiful quilts and always has us laughing every month, a real joy to have her in my classes she is one of my original students, so we have also become good friends.

This is Sue Allsbury's Cream Tea, Sue loves to fussy cut and as you can see even cuts up the paper hexagon and pieces them back together to form stripes and amazing rosettes, she really makes her quilts works of art, I could spend all day looking at her work.

One of Sue's rosettes.

Another centre of Cream Tea by Helen Roberts.

And finally this is what happens to my classroom when the shop has new Yuwa fabrics.

They were really beautiful so we all bought some!

7 comments:

  1. Oh Karen,such lovely comments thank you my friend xoxox.
    Oh how true is the last photo lol....my home work is done so bring on next month,see you there..Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely pictures you show us...it's good to have friends around you when you are quilting/teaching and I was wondering if you have the quilt on top on you're blog in a pattern for sale....somewere? Or don't you sale it perrhaps. Quilting greetings from the south of Netherlands

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen, so glad to see you've made the leap into Blogland. I've loved looking around at the quilt photos, such lovely quilts I can aspire to making.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen...welcome to blogland (finally!)...such lovely quilt pics, very inspiring...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou Karen love your blog it's so inspiring Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the tiny hexagons! Thank you for sharing all these beauties!
    Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Karen, Loved seeing the photos of the girls quilts. We certainly have a fun day in class. When I look back and think it has only been 2 years and how much I have learned it has changed my whole idea of Patchwork, just love it and thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete